Monday, September 20, 2010

9/20 10:30 am

The first thing that I thought of when i read the prompt was my father. Two years ago, I discovered that he had been cheating on my mom. Never in my life had I felt more disgusted and betrayed. He skewered the dynamic of our close family with his inability to keep it in his pants. My parents are still together, but things are not the same. Obviously, he broke our trust. There is not a day that goes by in which I can't help but wonder if he's still continuing his ways.
When I first discovered this, I didn't really know what to do. I told my sister and we kind of kept it under wraps until we knew for sure. It wasn't until one day when my sister was tranferring his contacts from one phone to another that we knew for sure. I felt pangs in my heart and my stomach twisted in knots. How could he do this to us?
I wanted nothing more than to scream and kick and slap my father, but being the person that I am, none of my family saw these emotions. I feel, but tend not to show that I do. My sister came into my room crying. She's older than me, but I am the stronger one. Again, being the person I am, I knew what she wanted. She expectred me to cry, and I did. Not because I was sad, but because she needed comfort.
The feelings I had that day can be described as a mixture of pain, hatred, betrayal, and disgust. My mind raced with scenarios over the past few years in which my father went out at random hours of the day, returning hours later. Still today, I feel the pain and imagine the disgust I felt with every hug and kiss he gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment