Thursday, November 4, 2010

10:30 am |||Class|||

When I hear the word “class” I think of the three traditional class structures: Upper, middle, and lower. History shows that there has always been some sort of class system, and the American Social Culture is no different. Of course we have a class system. We, too, have an upper, middle, and lower class with variations of those (i.e. upper middle class). I come from an upper middle class home. To me, working class means kind of what you would think it means. They are the workers of the society. When I think about working class, I relate it to worker bees. They go out and do all of the dirty work in a society so that others don’t have to. Think of Mike Rowe in Dirty Jobs. They are trash collectors and factory workers. They work construction and things of that nature. The different classes have different lifestyles as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment